Organizations for Wild Ceremony
- The School of Lost Borders, founded by Steven Foster and Meredith Little, has been developing, teaching, and guiding questers in contemporary rites of passage ceremonies for over 30 years.
- The Wilderness Guides Council is a professional organization for wilderness guides that promotes the health of wilderness ecosystems and is committed to reintroducing meaningful rites of passage to modern culture.
- Wilderness Reflections offers wilderness quests in California and Utah.
Friends’ Web Pages
- Munro Sickafoose guides vision fasts in Washington state and other places. His web site gives a great description of what moves some of us to go into the wilderness alone to seek vision, healing, and guidance.
- Kim Ashley guides vision fasts and is a life coach. She is dedicated to helping people seeking transformation to live with greater courage, balance, abundance, and happiness.
- John Davis is an ecopsychologist, wilderness guide, and Diamond Approach teacher. His web site provides info about wilderness rites of passage.
- Fran Weinbaum has been guiding vision quests in Vermont since 1995 and uses this ceremony to strengthen community bonds. Her web site provides info about the contemporary vision quest.
- David Johnson is a Buddhist and ecopsychologist. In his web site he reflects on Buddhism, ecospirituality, ecopsychology, and coping with despair in the face of environmental damage and the impending peaking of oil production.
- John Harper is a web guy and spiritual adventurer. He’s an old friend from the Diamond Approach, and set up this site and blog. Thanks, John!
Environmental Information and Resources